AGM January 2016
Minutes of the Ninth Annual General Meeting held on 12th January 2016 @7.00pm at The Life Centre, Romiley.
Present: - Tracey Adams*, Alan Smith*, John Ackers*, Debbie Barraclough* Jean Bartlett*, Pam Reed*, Peter Birchenhough* & Terry Holmes* *Residents.
Apologies – Beryl Smith* & PCSO John Cracknell..
1. The Chair (Tracey Adams) welcomed all present and read out the Notice of the Meeting.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th January 2015 were approved as a correct record.
3. Treasurers Report: - John Ackers presented the accounts for the year ending 31 December 2015. Income totalled £11075.00, expenditure £18153.53 leaving a balance of £518.85. The income comprised £5225 from Veolia (The second tranche of the grant for gym equipment), £1900 sponsors for new railings (C&C Insurance, Chadkirk Business Park, M Thorley Butchers & Romiley Traders), £2800 grant from MIA for new railings & £1050 SMBC Community Fund. The items of expenditure were for the website hosting renewal £90, railings and reception £7063.53 & Gym Equipment £11000. There were no questions.
4. Chairperson’s Annual Report
2015 saw the Friends Group reach its 10th Year Anniversary of Formation.
The year was another successful one for the Group, whose aim is to provide the residents and visitors to Romiley Village with a ‘Greenspace’ that is attractive and interesting place to go to.
Gardening Days once or twice a month have seen the Group:-
Focus on the weeding, planting and maintaining the
i. front of the park beds
ii.Compstall Road Bed
iii.Carlton Avenue Bed
Also edging around the beds, thinning out and pruning existing planting and shrubs.
Litter - Making numerous rounds of the park to remove litter and debris.
Maintain Planters - weeding, planting and pruning.
Railings - After successfully achieving planning permission for the reinstatement of the front of park railings, The Friends raised funds through local individuals, businesses, various grants and own funds. They then oversaw the design and implementation of the railings, which complimented the archway to the park and the adjacent primary school ironwork.
Past and present members of the Friends of Romiley Park were invited to celebrate the Groups 10th Anniversary, along with individuals, traders and the various organizations. These were all those who have supported and contributed to improving the park and provided funds to enable the vast number of improvements the Friends have made in the last 10 years.
The Friends of Romiley Park would not have been so successful without the help and support of a number of individuals and organizations and again 2015 has been no different. I would like to take the opportunity to mention some:
All the Friends, staff of SMBC and SK Solutions for their work in improving and maintaining Romiley park.
Romiley Life Centre for their generous use of this room and facilities tonight and
throughout the year for our meetings
John Ackers for his accounting duties.
Alan Smith for producing the minutes of our meeting, for completing grant applications and for his very successful ‘persuading’ skills in getting people to support the Group.
Jill Lince for keeping the Compstall Road bed in order and who has now transferred these skills to the planters.
Jean Bartlett in her role as social secretary.
Jonathan Long - Although Jonathan has now left SMBC, the Group appreciates all the work and support he has given to us in the last 10 years and we wish him all the success in his new job.
Sharon Duke, Greenspace Officer who has given the Group outstanding support with grants, planning permission and practical advice.
And finally Richard Booker who has recently returned to Stockport as Play Equipment & Infrastructure Manager.
5. Election of Officers
Chair – Tracey Adams was proposed, seconded and elected unanimously.
Treasurer – John Ackers was proposed, seconded and elected unanimously.
Secretary – Alan Smith was proposed, seconded and elected unanimously.
6. There being no further business the Chair declared the meeting closed at 19.40.
Alan Smith 18/01/2016.