Meeting 6th November 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on 06 November 2018 @ 10.00am at The Life Centre. Romiley.

Present: - Tracey Adams (Chair)*, Beryl & Alan Smith (Chair)*, Jean Bartlett*, Pam Reed Philippa Bonorino,* Peter Birchenhough* Residents*.

Apologies: Debbie Barraclough* & Terry Holmes*.

1. Minutes of the Meeting: on 04 September 2018 were accepted as a correct record.

2. Treasurer's Report: A sum of £1250 has been approved and paid to SMBC as our contribution towards the new picnic table. Further payments of £54.00 to Terry Holmes for shrubs and £19.94 to Alan Smith for compost were approved for payment. This leaves a balance of £3375.

3. Action Plan

New signboard at the front entrance. Now at Brabyns Park awaiting installation. Date? JB
Most parks in Stockport have signboards at every entrance. Smaller version at Compstall Rd?
An additional bin has been requested at the Compstall Rd entrance as the convenience store has no bin but much litter. Long delay is not helping – seek alternative funding. RB?
Laurel in School bed has been cut to 0.75m.
Wood chip – awaiting supplies at Brabyns.
Shrub planting in centre bed as agreed at last meeting now completed. Three further “red-foliage” shrubs required. Approximately ten suitable areas for perennials. Major planting next spring.
Tree work report now issued.
TA to explore possible “iron on” signage for Carlton Ave entrance.
Double fence along the school boundary is causing problems for cutting. Can the old fence be removed? JB
TA and PB are planting the bulbs supplied by SMBC.
Explore wild flower meadow along the laurel hedge with SMBC.
Tree replacement – four replacement trees are required. AS to liase with Anthony Cross.
Following a walk around the park AS will produce a schedule for end of year work.
Play area requires a few new floor paintings. Contact RB.

4. Community Fun Day

Meeting arranged for 9th November to agree date and format for next year.

5. Website

TA reported that work was well advanced with the new format and explained in general terms how it would operate. She hopes to supply all the photographs this week. All sponsors will have links to the site.

6. Members Retirement

TA/AS informed the meeting that Jill Lince had decided to retire as her health had deteriorated. Since joining our group she had done great work on the Compstall Road bed and the planters, growing many of the plants herself. Whilst we will miss her work efforts she will keep a watchful eye on our activities and continue to contribute plants when she can.

7. Next Meeting: will be the AGM/Curry on 8th January 2019 at 19.00hrs at The Life Centre.

TA expressed thanks to Life Centre for hosting our meetings.
Gardening: 24 November 10.00 till Noon.
Volunteers required. All welcome.