FRIENDS OF ROMILEY PARK
Minutes of Meeting held on 05 November 2019 @ 10.00am at The Life Centre. Romiley.
Present: - Tracey Adams (Chair), Philippa Bonorino, Beryl & Alan Smith, Pam Reed, Peter Birchenhough & Terry Holmes
Apologies: Jean Bartlett & Glenys Backhouse & Abdulnaser.Alshurbaji.
1. Minutes of the meeting on 3rd September were accepted as a correct record.
2. Treasurer’s Report – All sponsor monies received. Balance now £3641.00. Payment of £61.38 approved to AS for hydrangea & cyclamen from David Ross.
3. Action Plan for 2019
- Notice Board – Quotation and design discussed. AS to circulate details before a decision is made on funding. RB/ JB/AS
- Convenience store now planned for offices.
- Laurel hedge. TLC will remove all laurel & bramble roots this winter. Ground left for cultivation. We will trial an area of wild flower meadow. Turf/seed?
- The proposal for a group of trees near the gym equipment was discussed with AC and whilst no firm decision was made it was agreed we should take the matter further.
- There has been a proposal for a tree to be planted in memory of Hazel Lees. Hazel was a very enthusiastic volunteer for many years and it was agreed to support the proposal. Type and location to be agreed with AC.
- Play area still requires a few new floor paintings. TA to establish costs from RB.
- The initial area cleared of brambles has been seeded and looks good. Further areas had been cleared but have regrown. Agreed to reduce to ground level.
- We have purchased and planted cyclamen. Snowdrops plus other bulbs have been requested from SMBC. Hopefully they will arrive in time to flower next Spring.
4. Graphics of Centre Bed
PB tabled a list of “All” plants in the centre bed. TH has designed the graphics.
5. Community Fun Day
- AS reported that this year’s event made a profit of £1453.
- The next Fun Day is planned for 20th June 2020. AS has tried to apply for a licence.
- Proposal to purchase another picnic table from JMc was agreed. Community Fund application? No progress to date.
Photos of the Fun Day are on our website? Many thanks DT.
7. Gazebo. The damage requires a new part. AS has ordered. FRP will pay and recover costs from Romiley PTA. Estimated cost of £40
8. Annual General Meeting will be on 7th January .2020 at 19.00hrs at The Life Centre. The meeting will be on 3rd March at 10.00hrs at the Life Centre.
TA expressed thanks to Life Centre for hosting our meetings.
Gardening: 9th & 30th NOVEMBER 10.00 .till Noon.
All welcome. Volunteers required.