Meeting 3rd September 2019

FRIENDS OF ROMILEY PARK

Minutes of Meeting held on 03 September 2019 @ 10.00am at The Life Centre. Romiley.

Present: -Tracey Adams(Chair), Philippa Bonorino, Beryl & Alan Smith, Pam Reed, Jean Bartlett & Glenys Backhouse.

ApologiesPeter Birchenhough, Terry Holmes. & Abdulnaser.Alshurbaji. 

1. Minutes of the Meeting on 02 July 2019 were accepted as a correct record but work dates were incorrect.
2. Treasurer'sReport – PR reported that the balance is currently £3409. The draft accounts for the Fun Day delayed by sponsors.  Romiley Board Mills have donated £200 for traffic disruption around the mill.  AS has written with thanks.  TA requires payment for the banner.
3. Action Plan for 2019
▪ Notice Board - Smaller version at the Compstall Rd entrance required. JB/AS
▪ Convenience store has closed. 
▪ Tiarella planted in centre bed and hostas in school bed.
▪ Laurel hedge.  TLC will remove all laurel & bramble roots next winter. Ground left for cultivation.  We will trial an area of wild flower meadow. Turf/seed?.
▪ London Plane tree making good progress with care and attention from Romiley Primary School.   AS to thank school.
▪ The proposal for a group of trees near the gym equipment was discussed with AC and whilst no firm decision was made it was agreed we should take the matter further.
▪ Play area requires a few new floor paintings.  TA to establish costs from RB
▪ The initial area cleared of brambles has been seeded and looks good.  Further areas have been cleared but agreed to leave seeding until autumn.
▪ We have agreed to make a £150 contribution towards the cost of a treespade for the treework detailed in the last minutes. 
▪ Water  no means of collection & storage in the park.  Several neighbours will help.
▪ We plan to purchase snowdrops and cyclamen in season

4.  Community Fun Day

Accounts delayed but donations agreed of £200 NK Theatre, £100 ARC & £100 to Romiley Primary Brass Band.  Cheques signed.  AS to deliver.

Date of next Fun Day? DB

Proposal to purchase another picnic table from JMc was agreed.  Community Fund application?

5.   Website

    Can the photos of the Fun Day be placed on the site? TA/DT.  No progress

6.   Graphics of Centre Bed

PB has draft updated details.

7.    Gazebo. It has been reported that our gazebo which is stored at the school has been     damaged at a school event. The extent is unknown but it will have to be repaired or replaced.

8.   Next Meeting will be on 5th November 2019 at 10.00hrs at The Life Centre.

TA expressed thanks to Life Centre for hosting our meetings.  

Gardening: 17th & 28th SEPTEMBER     10.00.till Noon.

All welcome.      Volunteers required.